Smarter SharePoint User Group Presentation, Kansas City 2016
SharePoint Saturday Kansas City 2016 Session
SP Online Performance Tunning Transcript:
- SharePoint Online Scalability, Capacity Planning and Load Testing.
- Diagnosing Performance Issues.
- Performance Tunning Slow Pages.
- Navigation botleneck.
- Reduce Network traffict.
- Image Optimization.
- Bundling and minification of Files.
- Pick the right web part for the job.
- Custom Development Recommendations
Summary: Recommendations to Improve Performance
- Use Taxonomy(Managed Metadata) based Navigation instead of Structural Navigation
- Structural Nav performs poorly with complex site structures (multilevel)
- Minify and Bundle files (CSS & JS), load files from CDN when possible.
- Compress Images and speed up image download.
- Keep a close eye on the number of webparts loading in a single page.
- Use Search Web parts instead of CQWP.
- Avoid loading App Parts/SP Add-ins on your home page.
- Enabled Async load on List Views
- Perception is reality!
- Leverage Async features in code and web parts, lazy load images and content.
Second part of the presentation by Richard Bishop :