It’s finally here!
Download SharePoint Server 2016 Preview: (About 2.8 GB):
What Should you know?
- Watch this intro video from Microsoft: https://youtu.be/rV6PVzGs51I
- New role-based installation architecture ( learn more from this SharePoint conference video: What’s new for IT Professionals in SharePoint Server 2016.
- SharePoint 2016 now supports In-place/online installation of patches.
- Hybrid Search: search cloud and on-premises farms, no matter where you search from.
- Document libraries now support uploading single files up to 10GB
- SharePoint Server 2016 is built on the same core platform as SharePoint Online.
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview cannot be upgraded to RTM
- SharePoint 2016 on-premises is finally on HMTL5.
Deprecated / removed Features
- Free edition is gone: SharePoint Foundation.
- Excel Services and Most SharePoint BI capabilities. Learn More
- Tags and Notes (about time) Also note, users no longer will be able to access existing ones.
- stsadm.exe – simple, just use PowerShell.
- ForeFront Identity Manager (FIM) for syncing Active Directory and SharePoint.
More on Cloud Hybrid Search
- Cloud hybrid search allows you to crawl on-premises content into your Office 365 index.
- Office Delve can show results from on-premises and Office 365 environments simultaneously.
- Search results are presented as a combined relevancy ranking.
- Cloud hybrid search preview won’t work (for now) with SharePoint 2016 preview.
Download cloud hybrid search from here:
Although Tags and Notes are supposed to be removed. They are still available on my SharePoint 2016 IT preview install.by